I originally posted this in August and thought I will post it again since KollelBudget has gotten alot of new readers recently, and I know it takes some of you a few reminders for you to actually go get your Ezpass signed up and why should you be wasting your money when you could be enjoying it! חסה על ממונם של ישראל (and KollelBudget) התורה
Do you travel yourself (or with less than 3 people in your car and can’t use the carpool discount) three times or more a month on the any of the Staten Island Bridges, the Goethals Bridge, Bayonne Bridge, or Outerbridge Crossing?
E-ZPass has released a new offer for you to save 50% at the Goethals Bridge, Bayonne Bridge, or Outerbridge Crossing, with the new Port Authority NY/NJ Staten Island Bridges Plan
- Pay only $4.75 per trip at the Goethals Bridge, Bayonne Bridge and Outerbridge Crossing, provided you make at least three New York-bound trips in a calendar month. After the completion of the third trip at these three crossings in any calendar month, toll charges for all trips made at these crossings within the calendar month will be processed at the NY/NJ SIB Plan rate ($4.75 per trip).
For the month of August 2012, the three New York-bound trip minimum has been waived. Customers who enroll or are already enrolled in the NY/NJ SIB Plan and make one or two New York-trips at the Goethals Bridge, Bayonne Bridge and Outerbridge Crossing will be charged the $4.75 plan rate for those trips.
- All E-ZPass tags on the account count towards the minimum trip requirement, so multiple-driver households have an easy way to save with the NY/NJ SIB Plan.
- If no trips are made across the Goethals Bridge, Bayonne Bridge or Outerbridge Crossing in a calendar month, no plan-related charges will be made to your E-ZPass account.
- If one or two trips are made across the Goethals Bridge, Bayonne Bridge or Outerbridge Crossing in a calendar month, the toll for those trips will be reposted to your account at the E-ZPass toll rate, based on the time the trip was made (currently $7.50 during off-peak hours and $9.50 during peak hours).
Sign up now as you have nothing to lose since there is no charge (even if you don’t make 3 trips)
+ for the month of August there is no minimum so you will save even on just 1 trip.
To add the Port Authority NY/NJ Staten Island Bridges Plan (Plan Code PASI) contact your E-ZPass Customer Service Center:
- E-ZPass New York Customer Service Center: 1-800-333-8655
- E-ZPass New Jersey Customer Service Center: 1-888-288-6865
Or when you are logged in to your EZ Pass account online, you can click on plans on the left side and click add another plan and choose the PASI plan.