If you are looking to open a credit here are my top 2 picks,
One of the most valuable American Express credit cards is the highly rated Starwood Preferred Guest credit card. Plus when you open an American Express Starwood Preferred Guest credit card you will get 10,000 Starpoints after your first purchase and an additional 15,000 Starpoints when you spend $5,000 in the first 6 months for a total of 25,000 bonus points!
I personally have the Starwood credit card and used its rewards for free nights at various hotels around the world.
As a cardmember you can:
- You can redeem Starpoints at over 1,000 participating hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries ( Sheraton, St. Regis, Westin, W, Le Meridien and more) and for flights on more than 350 airlines, all with no blackout dates.
- Transfer Starpoints to miles on more than 30 airline partners.
- Extended Warranty – can extend the length of the original manufacturer’s warranty, up to one year on your eligible purchases that have U.S. warranties of 5 years or less.
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $65 a year.
Click here to signup from CreditCards.com (It should be on the second page).
The Cahse Saphire Preferred card has a nice signup bonus, for 40,000 points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months. You earn 1 point per dollar spent on the card (with no limit) and at the end of thr year you get a 7% annual dividend on the points you earned, (meaning you’ll get 7 points for every 100 points you earned that year).
Here are the Cahse Saphire Preferred card benefits,
- 40,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months – that’s $500 toward travel rewards!
- 2 points per dollar spent on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Get 20% off airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises when you redeem through Ultimate Rewards
- No foreign transaction fees
- Receive a 7% Annual Points Dividend on all new points earned on purchases – even on points already redeemed
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs – that means 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Direct access to expert service advisors anytime
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95
You can always downgrade your Cahse Saphire Preferred card after the first years is up and the $95 fee kicks in, to the Chase Saphire card (not Preferred) which has no annual fee. The regular Chase Saphire card does not have those benifits that the Preferred card has and only has a 10,000 bonus, so sign up to the Preferred and you can always downgrade!
Even when you downgrade and loose the 7% dividend option, you can still get the 7% for the points you earned this year, as the first year you have the card the year for the 7% dividend starts when you signup and ends with every one else on December 31, and you only start paying the annual fee a year from sign up!
Click here signup through CreditCards.com (Its the third offer on the page).
If you are looking for a different credit card, you can always click here to go to CreditCards.com and enter the credit card you are looking for in the search bar on the top of the page